Writing Ourselves Whole

"Liberty is the right not to lie." - Camus via Califia

A blog about sexual healing, erotic writing, and the transformative power of words.

Thursday, April 29, 2010

"pierce"

Sometimes at the end of the workshop, we have time for one more short-short write, a stream-of-consciousness free-association write, a pour-it-out-on-the-page-as-fast-as-you-can-cause-we've-only-got-2.5-minutes write -- usually I just throw out a word or a short phrase, and then we *go* into it, whatever pops into our heads. This is what came for me in response to the word 'pierce' at the end of Tuesday's Declaring Our Erotic workshop:

pierce: stick the needles just under the skin / there/ where no color or sharp is supposed to be and / run your tender weaponry there against the swell of flesh / staining me with ache and art / asking for my steadiness in the face of assault / and in return you offer me the glory of your creation / but before that art has healed / while it is still coming hard on my canvass / you'll pause / lift the device / you'll spray me with cool water and you'll brush away the blood / you'll wash me with adrenaline and tell me how good I'm being / and I'll / then / I'll want / I'll want to open my legs and my / every bit of my / self / to you, a blessing for the stopping / the starting again / of such a wash of pain

Labels: , , ,